Online Code of Conduct
For attendees of the ESRC Festival of Social Science 2022
By registering to take part in ESRC Festival of Social Science events you are agreeing to the following Code of Conduct:
In addition to any code of conduct or participant agreement you have already seen, we would like to highlight the following information regarding your participation in online festival events:
- Participation in the activity always requires responsible and respectful behaviour from participants together with respect towards other participants and event organisers. We treat all forms of abuse, bullying, intimidation, sexist and racist behaviour very seriously. Participants must not engage in any anti-social behaviour or abuse of any kind towards other participants or event organisers.
- Please be aware of your surroundings, particularly if your online activity enables you to share your video or microphone. If there are any unexpected noises etc please mute your microphone or stop the video as needed until you are safely able to re-activate.
- Please do not take photographs of your screens or share any images of the online session; this is for your safety as well as the safety of other participants and event organisers.
- Please contact the event organisers immediately if you become aware of anything upsetting or inappropriate.
- If behaviour is inappropriate in any way event organisers will immediately mute microphone/stop video/stop chat access as needed and warn the participant that if the behaviour continues, they will be removed from the session. Or, if the behaviour is such that they deem it necessary they will remove the participant from the session and a place on any future sessions may be withdrawn.